Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Music is like a Drug...

..to me.

As long as I can remember music has played an essential part in the play I call my life. I don't sing fairly well.
I can't play an instrument for the life of me. But I listen to music every single day. From the moment I wake up until the moment I fall asleep.
My music taste has changed over the years(obviously) but I can still listen to basically everything. I used to idolize swedish pop-singers like Jimmy Jansson. I can still pop in one of his allbums and listen to it but it doesn't give me goosebumps or this strange feeling that I can't really describe. It used to though.
Now days my favorite bands/musicians rage from The Sex Pistols and Def Leppard to John Mayer and Superchick. I don't know what it is, but everytime Johnny Rotten starts to screech about being Pretty Vacant or Austin Winkler rasps on about someone having the Lips of an Angel I get this weird feeling of euphoria (the latter actually gives me goosebumps...so does the former in certain performances actually..). It's like evry worry, every fear or irritation that might have clouded my mind just floats away to the tones of Thriving Ivory's Angels on the Moon.
Music makes me happy. It makes me sad. Some songs honestly makes me want to cry(Sting-Fields of Gold. Why? I dunno..).
Music is a way of life. It is something that I don't think I could live without. Or well I could but I wouldn't want to.
So thank you all you awesome mucisians and totally bodacious geniuses out there, you all make my day.

And now one of my personal favorite songs right now...John Mayer's Belief. His voice is simply amazing and goosbump-evoking. Sincerely.



Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails