Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm going Bohemian on Myself.

A couple of years ago (meaning more than 2 years ago) I would have considered myself a wannabe-poser-punk. Complete with the ripped jeans, security pin in ear, a fo-hawk and lips set in a sneer.
If someone would have approached me and talked about Karma for example I probably would have; scoffed, sneered and muttered something about; F-ing cunt. Do I look like I give a fuck about sodding karma? Sod off! ANARCHY!
...Okay so maybe I wouldn't have, but I would definitley have thought it, sneered and said sod off.

I wasn't a real punk. Because I know, I even knew this then, that punk is so much more than the look. It's a lifestyle. But the whole idea of punk appealed to me right then. I had a very cynical outlook on life(some of it is still left), but really what 16 year old doesn't? It was fuck the goverment, fuck this shitty music, fuck everyone, fuck the world! Everything sucks and they're just trying to push us down, ANARCHY! The whole violent rebellion fase, albeit in a calmer way.
I still listen to punk-rock, John Lydon is, after all, God and you're not. I'm never throwing away my ripped jeans. But the fo-hawk and the lack of faith in humanity just had to go.


In my line of work you stumble upon alot of different outlooks on life. And special treatments such as zone-therapy, light therapy and that kind of New Age-y stuff is something you can't avoid.
If you asked me about that when I was 16 I would have laughed you in the face and said; Bollocks! Now? I'm not so sure. Karma, Zen, Feng Shui etc. everything has become very interesting to me. I've started to believe in things like that, something that 16 year old me would tease me forever for. But when experience life your views change.

Wikipedia tells me that Bohemianism is; Bohemianism is the practice of an unconventional lifestyle, often in the company of like-minded people, involving musical, artistic or literary pursuits, with few permanent ties. Bohemians can be wanderers, adventurers, or vagabonds.
While the Urban Dictionary says; a Bohemian is somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle, they are not hippies because they can have an extremly wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature etc they are usually very creative people. they are above all optimists, even if they can be very cynical too(it does make sense...sort of). they like wearing a mixture of wierd clothes and mix different fashions together just for the heck of it. they like weed. genrally very laid back and relaxed.Someone who tries to live by the ideals of truth, freedom, love, and all those beautiful-sounding concepts. 

I really liked that last part, living by the ideals of truth, freedom and love. My faith in humanity is...well it's not great. But I can honestly say that it's better then it was before. I like to mix-and-matxh all kinds of fashions. I listen to almost everything Musical. And Art as a concept is something I admire and study every single day. So instead of telling the world to go fuck itslef, I embrace it.
It's strange reading some of my thoughts in old journals and comparing them to my thoughts on the same subjects now. They are by no means alike. Some of the cynism and sarcasm is still there, I doubt it'll ever leave but I've got a generally brighter outlook on life.



Don't worry though, I'm not going to start putting flowers in any barrels any time soon or fighting for World Peace. Neither will I try to tell you how un-zen you are. But I'm pretty sure you won't find me in a mosh-pit screaming -ANARCHY! anytime soon either...

I'm not a punk. I'm not a hippie. And I'm not quite a Bohemian either. I'm somewhere inbetween.

3 comments:

  1. I am a Bohemain. Like punks, we do not place any importance on what society at large thinks of us. Fuck them, if they don't like that I live with another man & 2 crazy terriers in a really nutty looking house.

    I like what you are doing with your site. You are quite the sassy young man.

    Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think that's what attracted me to "Bohemia" in the first place. Once I got over the whole "sneering-at-everything-that-moves" phase.

    Thank you, and right back at you. Thanks for checking this blog out, yours is rather wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know THAT feeling,in one minute I listen to old Mötley Crue or even Rammstein,and then I might listen to classical music,and all of a sudden I'm listening to korean R&B and hip-hop or pop,I cant really label myself anymore...makes me confused,I'ma huge geek but at the same time friggin' rockstar!:D
    But I guess we can talk about those things when we meet!xD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails