Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Price of Beauty,

That's the name of Jessica Simpson's new show on MTV. It's basically about her and her two friends; CaCee Cobb & Ken Pavés, travelling the world and exploring different kinds of beauty.
I'm usually not one for MTV shows, because, let's be honest here, most of them are...well lame. (The Hills, My Sweet 16??)
But I actually find this one interesting and I've seen a few episodes now. It's very interesting to see what people all over the world consider beautiful. Because let's face it people; Beauty is kind of a big thing all over the globe wether we like it or not.

Because of my line of work; a Cosmetician, I deal with beauty, beauty-ideals, issues and things like that every single day. So some people might think that I'm superficial, because that is (sadly) how most people stereotype anyone that works in that line of business.
I would like to say that I'm not though. Yes, I do care what I look like and I do spend alot of time and money on the way I look, dress etc. But that's because I like it. I love shopping, I like trying out new hairstyles and I enjoy taking care of myself. My cupboards are filled with cremes, lotions, scrubs, masks and everything you could possibly imagine but I still wouldn't say I'm superficial.
Because I do put a great value in personality and inner beauty. Because we all know that being beautiful on the inside is so much more important. And that should always come first, but is it really that bad to want to look good? Because I think that if you think you look good, you feel good.
What matters is what you think, not everyone else. So as long as you're happy, everythings great, right?

But that's enough ranting and thinking for tonight. Now a song that's been stuck on my head for days now, it's strangely cute.

3 comments:

  1. "What matters is what you think, not everyone else. So as long as you're happy, everythings great, right?"

    *standing ovation*

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! And so much smarter than I was at 20! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you, you're making me blush! And I'm not so sure about the smart part...xD
    It's great that more and more people are starting to care less what others think and more about themselves.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails