Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First Day at Work.


I never thought I'd say this...but damn it was fun to be back at work! It truly was...because I realized that if I didn't have to go to work...I wouldn't have done anything of importance if I hadn't gone to work...I realized. So...yeah. Nothing much but that...

Croatia. Day 2. Monday 1.6.

At Monday morning in Casa Bubalo I was awakened by the fact that the others besides Sandra and me had gone shopping for food. When breakfast was over we decided to check out Hvar-City. The old builidings, churches and other views that I found fantastic. It should be mentioned that yours truly's first buy in Hvar was an Umbrella, not very promising.

We decided that even if the weather was cold we had to pay a visit to the beach. So we headed off towards the 100 m away beach...as it turns out it was perhaps 100m(definitly more)...downhill...
The "Road" To The Beach.
The so-called road, I doubt that you can actually call it that, was rocky, steep and just plain difficult. The fact that it had rained and the rocks were slippery, didn't exactly help. Well, when we finally managed to get down to the beach it was windy and rtaher chilly, but we found a cute little resturant where we took a drink while Ida wanted to test the (COLD) waters and swim. The resturant personal proclaimed her "crazy". We had expected it to rain abit more and when the rain actually started...it didn't want to stop...
The Calm Before The Storm (Hvar Beach)
We were sitting there drinking Mai Thai's (Dark Rum,Light Rum...and more. I was most excited about the Rum part, Captn Jack!) when suddenly...CRASH.BOOM. The Sky opened up and rain literally poured down and thunder was heard and lightning bolts flew over the sky. We decided to eat there that night and I had this absolutley fantastic Pasta Frutti Di Mare. Absolutley great. Well as we ate we expected the rain to stop...it didn't...it only got worse.
So there we sat, miserably thinking that we would have to walk up that stupid hill, in the pouring rain with the thunder in our ears and the lightning bolts our only sources of light. We even considered putting plastic-bags over our heads and cutting holes in the for the eyes...
Fancy walking up THAT in the Thunderstorm of The Freaking Year.
When we decided to pay and start to walk that dreaded walk that I mentally considered my doom. The lady of the resturant started to count what we had to pay and a gent said: "Wait 5 minutes, okay?". We nodded and wondered how on earth it could take 5 minutes to figure out what we owed them. As it turns out that wasn't why we had to wait, oh no, the Gent wanted to DRIVE US HOME. How freaking nice is that? These people directly ended up on my "People I like List". Then came the problem of...what the fudge is our adress? But apparently "Apartmant Bubalo" was enough. So we got a ride home and didn't have to drown or get hit by lightning.
Some of the nicest people I have ever met and I am forever greatful
That was the end of Day 2.
Stay tuned for Day 3.
Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails