Thursday, September 10, 2009

525,600 Minutes...

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes -
how do you measure a year in the life?
-Rent-

There are 525,600 minutes in a year, according to this song sung in the Musical RENT (awesomeness). Think about it. That's alot.

I am not one of those people who has to be surrounded by others all the time. I know some people that are like that. They literally has to surround themselves with people all the time. Don't they ever want to be alone, I ask myself?
Because I am one of those people, you know the ones that actually enjoy beeing alone from time to time. It's not that I don't love my friends and family and enjoy spending time with them, believe me I do. But there is no way that I could spend every minute, of every hour, of every day with them.
I need my alone time or I will go bonkers and possibly kill someone. (Joking, I soo would not kill someone...maybe hit them a little). Well maybe not kill...I'm really a none violent person, well it's not like I never use violence but...never mind.
Back to the actual topic. Being alone. I enjoy just being by myself, beeing able to gather my thoughts and just do things for me. With only myself as company, and believe me that is enough, sometimes.
Reading, Writing...dancing around your room like a total idiot is something best done in solitude.
I don't understand how someone could be harrased surrounded by people all the time(!).
Just imagine never beeing alone for a whole year. That is(approx); 12 months, 52 weeks, 563 days, 8,760 hours and 525,600 minutes of being amongst people, even if they were your best friend, husband/wife or mother/father...it would make you go insane, wouldn't it? I surely would be in some sort of hell.

Yeah...And this I thought of from watching RENT for the 525,600th time (almost). I do love that movie...And I bawl every time I see it. Sincerely, doesn't matter how many times I watch it...I still bawl. Sigh.

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails