Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Telephone Salesmen are...

...the freaking spawn of Belsebub (no Offence).
The thing is that yesterday I was waiting for a call from V and thinking that she was the one calling I answered without checking the "Caller ID". (Note to self: ALWAYS check the bloody ID).
To my great surprise a cheery voice asked me if I spoke swedish or finnish, I answered swedish, with a gleeful smile thinking this would lead to a short "ok, goodbye". (because most telephone-sales-people(wtf?) are really bad at my mother-tounge and don't even bother trying...) I was very much mistaken and plain wrong. Cheerily the woman on the other side of the line started to blab about internet pages this and that in perfect swedish(DAMNATION!)...
I kindly replyed; well I'm not really in any need of any Internet pages or...
She continued talking about it after I kindly declined my need for an Internet Page.
I don't know if it was my bored "Yes's", "No's" or non-commitical grunts that kept her going...
She talked and talked and talked...for about 17. something minutes, with me grunting in responce. When I was finally allowed to open my mouth I sort of lied and said that I didn't have time to talk anymore because I had to go to work...even if it was my day off. With a cheery goodbye and an annoyed bye from myself I promptly hung up.

How can they stay so damn cheery when the person they're talking to are just grunting and humming back? Why do they keep talking after the "NOT interested" has been uttered 5 times...why?
I do not know. But yesterday Telephone salesmen were numero uno on my "Spawn of Satan that simply needs to dissapear List"...Yeah. It's not a long list...but it excists.
Even if it was Johnny Depp calling me trying to sell me a pen I wouldn't have been happy (J.D. actually did that for a living for awhile...don't believe me? Google It.). Hence why I might have answered with a evil grumpy "What?" the next time my phone rang. Soo-rr-ee...

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails