Monday, November 15, 2010

Romance.

I honestly thought Romance was dead. Something that only exsisted in movies, books and little girls' day dreams.

People just don't do romance anymore. Romance today is when a guy buys you a drink at the bar and later tries to touch the boobs he's been staring at all night. Or on the odd occasion  remembers to hold the door open and not slam it in your face. Or so I thought.

Many months ago I did have a thing with a guy who said he was a romantic. Saying something and actually being it is two entirely different things. Yes, he could talk the talk but you didn't quite believe it thanks to the somewhat sleazy tone or double meanings. Sure he held up doors and was quite the gentleman, but he was also a rather sleazy player-ish type and a romantic he was not. So my poor hopeless romantic brain once again thought; Romance never entered the 21st century. I was wrong.

This weekend, no these past weeks, has changed my mindset drastically. It all began with that Letter I rambled about a few weeks ago. But this weekend took it to a totally different level.
It was homecooked food, candles, the whole shebang* and just so romantic that I honestly thought I would cry. It was like taken from one of my romance-novels-that-I'm-embarressed-to-say-I-actually-own! 

So I have been proven wrong countless of times these past weeks, and happily so.
And I can only come to one conclusion; Romance is not Dead.



*(I also said that I would never, ever be one of those gushy types. That just smiles, and giggles and gushes about everything no matter how sweet it is. Because I am rather cynical, even though there is a hopeless romantic living inside of me. Well the romantic side has officially kicked the cynic in the butt and is now ruling my brain. Oh someone please help me? Anyway, the point was that I aplogize for my overly-gushy posts lately and for those that are bound to show up here later. Because we all know that I won't be able to restrain myself. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails