Friday, January 22, 2010

Strenghts.

Hey,

I've got a day off t'day and decided to be a good little Blogger and post something. I've got a meeting later so I'm pretty much sitting here waiting so I can go there and then start my day. Because I get like that when I actually have plans. I'm weird, I know.

A couple of weeks ago I had this client. And we started talking as I gave her a pedicure, or she talked and I listened. You see in our line of work you get to be a Psychiatrist of sorts. Same goes for hairdressers I think. I mean you might not want to hear it but you listen anyways, because you can't exactly tell the client to shut up, right? It doesn't really bother me most of the time...But once in while a client with a sad story comes along.
Mentioned client was one of them. When a really sad story comes around, I get uncomfortable. Because I don't know how to respond!
With this paticular client I felt like crying, I remember my stomach knotting up and my throat felt thick. Because her life had been hard. She had met one downer after the other and here she was; smiling! Being happy and comfortable with her life, despite all her previous difficulties. I felt so sorry for her, and yet I didn't. Because she was all smiles and one of the genually niceset people I have met in a while. It was amazing.

How can someone who has gone through so much, be so happy and at ease with life? How could she still be so optimistic and seemingly love life? That is strenght. That is one of the strongest people I have met. Alot of people would probably have given up, started to hate life, but not this woman. And I admire her for that.

When you work with people everyday, you meet all kinds of characters. Some more rememberable than others. This woman will probably stay in my mind for a long time. She makes you realize that your own life is pretty damn amazing.
I know I whine about life sometimes, everyone does. But then I think of her and I get ashamed. What do I have to whine about? Nothing. My life is pretty f-ing great compared to others. So what gives me the right to whine and mope around about something so selfish and stupid? Nothing. I consider myself lucky,because I am. My life could be so much worse. And some days it just takes me awhile to remember that.

Over and Out.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails