Thursday, February 3, 2011

Curiosity killed the Cat.

Why are people so damn curious, or plain nosy about other people's lives?

Why is humankind these days so intent on knowing everything about everyone? Why are we so damn obsessed by celebrities? How come we read tabloids at all, why does that interest us?
 Is it some kind of strange or perhaps slightly morbid curiosity?


I know that curiosity is good, we learn by being curious. We ask questions and get answers. It's human to be curious. How else would we learn anything?


But where do we draw the line between plain, old-fashioned, healthy curiousity and ugly, annoying nosiness?


I'm a person who likes to keep my private life, just that private!
I don't like talking to everyone about everything that's going on in my life. That is for me, my boyfriend, my family and friends to know not anyone else. It's none of their bloody business.

That's why I can't stand it when people feel this strange need to know every single thing and just doesn't seem to understand when enough is enough.

I'm the queen of vague answers, so mostly I do great when I think people are being too nosy. But then there's the people who can't take a hint and doesn't understand when to stop talking.


This is why I've been in a bad mood all week it seems...
There was alot of nosiness involved and I finally, just snapped and blurted something out that I kinda didn't want to say at all. Now I feel like a really bad person, like I betrayed someone close to me's trust.
I don't want to hurt anyone, and I just feel like shit. Maybe for no reason at all but I still do.

Fuck. Now I need a cigarette...too bad I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails